When we think of artificial intelligence many things may come to mind like IBM’s Watson, Samsung’s Bixby, Amazon’s Alexa, or a technological singularity signaling the end of mankind. In recent years free AI has become available for consumers to pose prompts to with an appropriate response from the AI with the collective knowledge of the internet. We are at a crux where Web3 may become increasingly unscrapeable to safeguard data from these AI juggernauts, but in the present they are at your disposal and can even make you some income so let’s get into it. All these ideas are human generated by yours truly or one of my associates, but I may not have a job for much longer when the robots strike back at the bloggers posting terminator soyjacks.
Idea 1: Using Dall-E to Create Images for Resale
The terms of service are a little shakey on this one at one point stating “you may use Generations for any legal purpose, including for commercial use. This means you may sell your rights to the Generations you create, incorporate them into works such as books, websites, and presentations, and otherwise commercialize them” and then at another point saying “you own your Prompts and Uploads, and you agree that OpenAI owns all Generations.” As a small fish reseller this second clause on ownership seems more like a backstop for a major abuse of this software.
Step 1.) Get signed up at Open AI Waitlist
Step 2.) Produce 100s of prompts e.g. “cute cat eating a hamburger”
Step 3.) Upload this original content to a merch sales site like Redbubble/CafePress/etc. If someone has an affiliate link for these sites feel free to post it in the comments below.
Step 4.) Upload content not suited for merchandise, but could have use by blogs/news organizations/etc. to a photo reselling website like Shutterstock/iStock Photo/etc.
Step 5.) Fill in keywords so users of these sites can find your content.
Step 6.) Start a blog or YouTube and have free/cheap images for thumbnails for a long time.
Idea 2: Get Ideas For Content with Procedural Content
Step 1.) Sign up at https://openai.com/api/ (seperate signup than the above openai app)
Step 2.) use a writing prompt (e.g. my career talk section was looking a little light so I asked the AI to provide me with 40 interview questions)
Here is what it came up with:
1. What inspired you to pursue a career in [field]?
2. What do you think are the most important qualities for success in [field]?
3. What do you think distinguishes the top performers in [field] from the average?
4. What do you think are the biggest challenges you face in [field]?
5. What do you think are the biggest obstacles to success in [field]?
6. What do you think is the most important thing you can do to be successful in [field]?
7. What do you think are the best strategies for success in [field]?
8. What do you think are the biggest mistakes you can make in [field]?
9. What do you think is the best way to learn [field]?
10. What do you think is the best way to stay current in [field]?
11. What do you think are the most important qualities for success in [field]?
12. What do you think distinguishes the top performers in [field] from the average?
You get the point. It is limited in its abilities, but can provide a sounding board for content.
Step 3.) If you can’t create content for passive income, then use your human intuition on how to utilize these 2500 characters (freelance technical writing perhaps?).
I’ll sign this one off with a little humor.